Friday 28 October 2011

Duane Michals: photographer


Duane Michals is one of my absolute favourite photographers. I discovered him last year at a dull exhibition in Stockholm at Moderna museum, but when I came to a separate room with his photographs I were very captured and fascinated. I like hi´s photos because they have alot of expression, mystery, beauty and communicate in a different way than I´ve seen before. Sometimes he uses text into hi´s photographs, communicating directly to the viewer or tells a story, in a very poetic way. I like how he mix those types of media.



"It´s not just a matter of photography, it´s the way I view life in general. I view it as an incredible mystery and an amazement rather than just something to look at"

"It´s always been a matter of need. I think all the best impulses grow out of the need to express something."

- Duane Michals



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Im Emma from Gothenburg, Sweden. I live in London, and Stockholm. I study Photography at London college of communication after graduating from Central saint martins with Graphic design/photo which helped me develop alot and lead me to focusing only on photo. I find it inspirationable to study in London as I´m surrounded with lots of creativity and people with great ideas everyday. I find it important to be interested as a person to be able to do something interesting yourself. When it comes to art and photography I find it important to be open to recieve inspiration within any art form to create a broader understanding. This will make you more advanced within your own area of expertise. If your an actor, go and see dance, read books, go to exhibitions. It´s up to oneself how to develop that inspiration into something of your own. "The act of observing the experiment affects the experiment".